To get your own copy of the DNA Series, click on the image above to go to my web site...

Alex Douglas-Kane shares her experiences and understanding of Discover Nature Awareness


Friday 3 December 2010

The Drum Stalk and the 12-Steps...

I remember once that a client I was working with related his experience of the Drum Stalk to the 12-Steps.

We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.

"Wearing the blindfold reminded me of being active in my addiction and my sight guide represented the Fellowship and my Sponsor, there to pick me up when I fall over and to guide me but not to tell me what to do"

Step 2
Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

"As I walked through the Cathedral of Trees I never once bumped into a tree nor did I fall over or even hurt myself"

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.

"The Drum Beat was my Higher Power calling out to me, guiding and reassuring me that the way forward was safe"

No comments: