To get your own copy of the DNA Series, click on the image above to go to my web site...

Alex Douglas-Kane shares her experiences and understanding of Discover Nature Awareness


Tuesday 6 August 2013

And the wall came a tumbling down suddenly, I could see the wood for the trees...




I was out walking with a friend of mine one day and we were chatting about all sorts of things during our conversation I was reminded of something that happened to me as I was in the process of leaving the army. At the last minute of my time in the army I had decided to return to England for which I was not at all prepared for, as I had planned to stay in Germany where my kids were living with their mother. I shared this experience with my friend and now I would like to share it with you.

One day, I was walking down the main drag (road) of camp when suddenly I stopped dead in my tracks. I then had a vision. I saw myself surrounded by a very high thick wall which encircled me, I a feeling of being trapped within this wall. I was experiencing feelings of panic, my mind was rushing with thoughts of what am I going to do in the UK? I have no idea, I have nothing planned, I have no clue how the UK functions, I felt very scared.

Suddenly, the wall that surrounded me began to fall down, not brick by brick but in large clumps of masonry. I was stood there looking around, wondering what the hell was going on, and then it came to me. I had nothing to be afraid of, as all I had to do was to step over the rubble and GO in any DIRECTION I wanted too. I had the freedom to choose my own path, and to move forward in a way in which I wanted to move forward with my life.

Not knowing at the time where I would end up. And now HERE I stand today, excited and scared at the same time, wondering where my journey would take me.

All I know is that I trust my creator completely and I embrace what the future holds for me, even when I am feeling lost and can’t see the wood for trees...

No comments: