To get your own copy of the DNA Series, click on the image above to go to my web site...

Alex Douglas-Kane shares her experiences and understanding of Discover Nature Awareness


Tuesday 20 January 2009

On my last day of birding in the Yemen...


The Yemen


I had the most amazing experience I have ever had the pleasure to witness from a bird of prey. As my guide Yousf and I were leaving a wadi we were presented a Long-legged Buzzard in summer plumage just 75 meters away. This bird put on one fantastic display, he swooped, grabbed branches, dived, spun round, flipped over swooped and dived again and again for a whole 10 minutes or more.


Throughout this time you could hear me saying with excitement, WOW, this is out of this world. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Yousf said to me "that was meant for us" and my reply to Yousf was “you better believe it; this wonderful bird was without doubt sent by the creator”. If you would like to find out more go to the link below or even better why not take a trip to the Yemen, you will find Yousf's details on the link if you need a guide.


http://birding-the-yemen.blogspot.com/

No comments: