To get your own copy of the DNA Series, click on the image above to go to my web site...

Alex Douglas-Kane shares her experiences and understanding of Discover Nature Awareness


Saturday 12 March 2011

The Leaf Cutter Ant and the M25....

While I was in Belize in 1998 I had the privilege to see the power of the Leaf Cutter Ant.

They are amazing little fellows as they walked along with a leaf in their mandibles another cutter ant rides on top of the leaf to fend off parasitic wasps and the trail they lay is so free from debris it is as if someone had gone through the bush with a bass broom and had swept a path for them.

I tried to relate it to us if we were able to do what they can do. I think it would be something like me carrying a car over my head with my best buddy riding on top of it, while walking down the M25 after sweeping it clean first.

No comments: