To get your own copy of the DNA Series, click on the image above to go to my web site...

Alex Douglas-Kane shares her experiences and understanding of Discover Nature Awareness


Saturday 7 August 2010

My First Golden Eagle

I was skiing in Germany for the first time on an exercise with the army called Ex Snow Queen. One day when I was taking the 'T' Bar up the mountain to do a ski run, one of my friends who was about five people ahead of me was shouting for my attention.

I saw him pointing skywards and there to my surprise was my first ever Golden Eagle soaring over head. I was so fixed on seeing the eagle that I lost my balance and fell over, in the process I took out the next twenty or so German skiers,.

They were not very happy with me, as they were all piled on top of me I was fighting to get them out of the way so I could get a better view of the eagle. Eventually I managed to the side and out of the way of the 'T' Bar to every ones relief, then I set out to make my way back down the mountain waist deep in snow the trek down was a real hard slog, it was well worth it for seeing my first Golden Eagle, I feel sure the Germans would not agree with me though.

Hay ho.
Photo: Birdmeister click on photo to follow link.

No comments: