To get your own copy of the DNA Series, click on the image above to go to my web site...

Alex Douglas-Kane shares her experiences and understanding of Discover Nature Awareness


Sunday 28 June 2009

Gratitude

Some time ago I was guided by my Higher Power to seek a job in a rehab, at the time I had no concept of what addictions was about other than my very narrow minded view of, it’s their problem sort it out.

How wrong I was
.

Nature Awareness is in part were it is today as a direct result of working with addicts and for Dr Robert Lefever who is considered by many as a maverick. I personally like the fact that he stands by what he believes in whether you agree with him or not, he is a teacher and without someone like him pushing our boundaries as he does I think we will all just stand still and not even consider what else can we do to make a difference or to be of service to others.

Dr Lefever gave me the opportunity to attend university which I never thought I would ever do, but much more than that he allowed me to work with his patients every week bringing Nature Awareness to them as a part of their journey into active recovery.

I learnt so much from them and about addictions but more importantly I learnt about myself, and I made mistakes but I trust that I have learnt from them and will continue to do so. At no point did he ever judge me.

Natural Awareness as it is now know continues to grow.

I am truly grateful.

No comments: