To get your own copy of the DNA Series, click on the image above to go to my web site...

Alex Douglas-Kane shares her experiences and understanding of Discover Nature Awareness


Saturday 22 January 2011

Nature Awareness - I thought Nature Awareness sounded a bit like school...

I thought Nature Awareness sounded a bit like school and was a bit cynical about being told about nature. I felt like I probably wouldn't feel or learn much. However, I have discovered or recovered a sensitivity for a 6th sense and the power of nature. I feel I found a real trust in a higher power through the workshop and believe it has been one of the most helpful groups in rehab so far.


Fox the Fox: I found this the least successful of the workshops as some of the basic precepts of intention etc were good but I felt it failed in practise. Meet a Tree: This was always very powerful and proving the existence of a higher power or communication with trees. This exercise helped me decide to stick with the programme at a particularly difficult time. Drum Stalk: This also was very powerful and helped me to open up to my fears and trust my peers.


Overall: The workshops have helped me to see my own fears and the absurdity of them. They have helped me to let go and to let God and to feel the more subtle aspects of myself and my relationship with others. I have felt that the workshop is the perfect complement to the step work in the programme and helps greatly to get out of your head and into the heart.

No comments: